An Out of shape 32,33,34 35 Year Old New Runner's Journey into fitness, running, and road racing (5k, 10k, and beyond).

Current Weather. Click For More WEATHER!

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

30 Minutes In And Out

My new goal for Tuesday and Thursdays is to get my 3 mile run at the gym under 30 minutes (less then 10 minute miles). I think its time to up the pace a bit because I feel 30ish times in a 3 mile run in an air conditioned gym isn't acceptable anymore. I must continue to push without over doing it running a consistent 10 minute mile on a treadmill ain't asking much.

Tomorrow is a 45 minute Tempo run I am dreading as I know this one is going to hurt a bit. I will push through though because I know the benefits far out weigh the temporary agony I will be in.

BTW this morning I ran my 3 miler in 29:45

1 comment:

M. Tate said...

Don't worry too much about pushing your shorter runs. On my 3 milers I am sometimes over 30min. Just do it and make sure that you still feel good at the end.